Florida State Seal followed by Eighth judicial circuit

Victim's Rights

Information for Victims and Witnesses

Table of Contents

A Message from your State Attorney

Brian S. Kramer

It is the policy of the State Attorney and the Law Enforcement agencies within the Eighth Judicial Circuit to treat all victims and witnesses with dignity, respect, and compassion at all times.
As a crime victim you have certain rights guaranteed by Florida Law. The purpose of the tabs above is to help you understand your rights as a victim and available resources. The legal system can be confusing, particularly if you have never had previous contact with it.
We hope this will help you better understand your rights as a victim or witness, what to expect during the prosecution of the case and the services available to you.
This process of Justice may take time. Your cooperation and patience are appreciated very much. If we can answer any questions or assist you in any way, please feel free to call us. You can make a difference, and we thank you for it.
Brian S. Kramer
State Attorney

Back to Top

Your Victim Witness Advocate

You will be working with an Assistant State Attorney and a Victim/Witness Advocate. Your Advocate will provide you with information and guidance concerning your case. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Assistant State Attorney or the Victim/Witness Advocate assigned to your case.

The State Attorney’s Office Victim/Witness Program provides the following services:

  • Information on case status
  • Emotional support to victims and witnesses of crime
  • Information and referral to community agencies
  • Assistance in filing for Crime Victim Compensation
  • Courtroom orientation and accompaniment
  • Help with preparing a Victim Impact Statement

Whether or not an arrest has been made in your case, the Victim/Witness Program is available to assist you. Please contact us at the State Attorney’s Office. We are here to help you, and there is no cost to you for our services.
If you have a question regarding your case, you may email Non-Emergency Victim service questions to sao8vs@sao8.org
Please note that Email messages are reviewed during office hours (8:30 am – 5:00 pm) and we will attempt to respond to your question and reply to you as quickly as possible.
For resources on Crime Victim Compensation, refer to the Brochure and the Application. To speak with a Victim Advocate, please call the county office in which the crime occured. You can find the numbers for each county on the Locations page of our site.

Back to Top

Stages of the Criminal Justice Process

A Crime is Committed

The criminal justice process is set into motion when a crime is committed and law enforcement is contacted. As a victim/witness your role is crucial. You have seen, heard, or know something that is important.
A law enforcement officer will question you about the identity of the suspect, details of the crime, the location of the crime scene, etc. Your cooperation is necessary and failure to provide complete information may result in a failed investigation. Each case will proceed differently.


Your case may proceed as follows:

  1. An Affidavit of criminal complaint is signed by law enforcement when sufficient probable cause to make an arrest has been established.

  2. A criminal complaint or sworn complaint is forwarded to State Attorney’s Office for review to determine if probable cause exists. Further investigation may be necessary at this stage.

Notification of Post Arrest Release

As a victim you are entitled to notification of the Defendant’s release from county jail, juvenile detention facility, or involuntary commitment facility. The arresting law enforcement officer or agency must request that the victim or appropriate next of kin complete a victim notification card. Notification will be made by the appropriate holding facility, unless the victim has a waiver of rights.

First Appearance

If an arrest is made, within 24 hours the Court holds a hearing called the "First Appearance Hearing." At this hearing the judge hears facts and decides whether a bond amount should be set and if so, how much. If the defendant is able to post the bond amount, he or she may be released pending trial. Our Constitution guarantees the right to release on reasonable bond, before conviction. Frequently, the Judge will include a special condition ordering the Defendant not to have contact with the victim. If you are contacted or harassed by the Defendant, you should contact the State Attorney’s Office immediately. You have the right to be present, however, your presence is not required. You may be contacted by Alachua County court services to provide input for the court to consider at the first appearance hearing.

Filing Decision

Once the State Attorney’s Office receives the formal complaint from law enforcement, an Assistant State Attorney will review the case, and when necessary, interview (take testimony from) the victims and witnesses in the case. If the Assistant State Attorney determines that there is sufficient evidence, criminal charges may be filed. The formal charging document is called an "Information."

If the Assistant State Attorney determines that the case cannot be prosecuted, he or she will attempt to notify the victim prior to that decision being filed with the Court. The paperwork filed with the Court stating that the State will not prosecute is known as a "No Information."


Following the First Appearance Hearing, if the Assistant State Attorney files a charge, the Defendant is required to appear in Court to state whether he or she is guilty or not guilty. Many times, if the Defendant is represented by an attorney, his or her attorney will file a "Written Plea of Not Guilty" in lieu of the Defendant personally appearing in Court. You have the right to be present, however, your presence is not required.


Florida law allows the defense attorney to interview witnesses prior to trial. This interview is called a "deposition." You may receive a subpoena from the Defendant’s attorney requiring you to appear to have your deposition taken. You will be sworn in prior to your deposition being taken, and it will be taken before an official court reporter, the Defense Attorney, and an Assistant State Attorney.
The Defendant will not be present. As a victim, you have the right to have a victim advocate accompany you to the deposition, if you so desire.

Plea Negotiations

Prior to the trial, the Defendant may agree to plead guilty or plead nolo contendere and be sentenced. The Assistant State Attorney handling the case will make an effort to consult the victim before the final plea agreement is reached. If the Defendant is considered for any type of pre-trial diversion program, the victim will be consulted.

Case Management Hearing

The case management hearing is held prior to trial. At this hearing, the Defendant is required to appear in Court to advise the Judge whether or not he or she is ready for trial. The Defendant may also announce that he or she wishes to enter a plea, at which time the Court will schedule a specific date in the future for the plea to be entered. Finally, the Defendant may request a continuance if he or she is not ready for trial. You have the right to be present, however, your presence is not required.

Pretrial Conference Hearing

The pretrial conference hearing is held one to two weeks prior to trial. The Defendant is required to appear in Court and the Court will schedule the trial for a specific date and time. You have the right to be present, however, your presence is not required.


It is not unusual for a case to be continued or postponed. However, there are circumstances that cannot be controlled by the Assistant State Attorney, which make a continuance necessary.
It is extremely important that you contact the Witness Coordination Office or the State Attorney's Office upon recieving a Subpoena. They need to have current telephone numbers and addresses to notify you of a continuance or cancellation of trial.


In some cases the defendant will plead guilty before trial. However, the Defendant may go to trial and you may be required to testify in court. The State Attorney’s Office will notify you concerning the trial schedule. During the trial you must be very careful not to discuss the case with anyone outside the courtroom except the lawyers involved.

Close of the Trial

Following presentation of evidence by the Assistant State Attorney and the Defendant’s Attorney, each attorney summarizes their side of the case in the "Closing Arguments." Following Closing Arguments, the jury is sent out of the courtroom to decide whether or not the Defendant is guilty. The jury’s decision is called the "Verdict."

Pre-Sentence Investigation

If the defendant is found guilty and before the Judge schedules the sentencing, he or she usually orders the Department of Corrections to complete a report on the Defendant, which includes the Defendant’s prior criminal history, personal background, etc. The report includes a section for input from the victim of the crime, which provides the Court with information regarding restitution for losses, damages and injuries to the victim and his or her recommendations as to the sentence. You may be contacted by an Officer from the Department of Corrections to obtain your statement. Upon request, the victim has the right to review the Pre-Sentence Investigation report prior to the sentencing hearing if one was completed.


Sentencing, which is also referred to as disposition, is a court proceeding held after a conviction or guilty plea of the defendant at which time the judge sets the length and conditions of punishment. You have the right to submit orally or in writing a Victim Impact Statement at the time of sentencing. Statewide sentencing guidelines became effective October 1, 1983. The guidelines provide a range of recommended sentences in most felony cases. The court must sentence according to these guidelines unless the Court states clear and convincing reasons why it chooses to sentence differently. Usually an Assistant State Attorney will be able to indicate to you the sentence that will be recommended by the Guidelines unless some of the information needed to calculate the sentence has not been received or subject to change.

Back to Top

Important Information

As a Crime Victim, you have the right:

  • To assert victim’s rights as provided by law or the State Constitution. The victim of a crime and the State Attorney, with the consent of the victim, have standing to assert the rights of a crime victim which are provided by law or s. 16(b) Art. 1 of the State Constitution.

  • To information concerning services available to victims of adult and juvenile crime.

  • To information regarding the availability of funds through Crime Victim Compensation, when applicable.

  • To information about the community-based treatment programs, crisis intervention services counseling and social services.

  • To information on the role of the victim in the Criminal and Juvenile Justice process.

  • To information about the stages in the Criminal or Juvenile Justice process which are of significance to the victim and how such information can be obtained.

  • To be informed, to be present, and to be heard when relevant, at all crucial stages of a Criminal or Juvenile proceeding.

  • To be informed and to submit written statements at all crucial stages of the criminal proceedings and parole proceedings, if the victim is incarcerated.

  • To information concerning the steps available to law enforcement and the State Attorney to protect the victim or witness from intimidation.

  • To be notified as soon as possible, by agency scheduling your appearance in a Criminal or Juvenile Justice proceeding, of any change in scheduling which will affect your appearance.

  • To receive notification of the arrest, the release or modification of the release conditions and proceedings in the prosecution or petition for delinquency of the accused.

  • To be consulted by the State Attorney in order to obtain the views of the victim or family about: the release of the accused pending a judicial proceeding, plea agreements, participation in pretrial diversion programs and the sentencing of the accused, in those felony and juvenile cases that involve physical or emotional injury or trauma.

  • To have your property returned to you as soon as possible after the investigation and/or prosecution is completed unless there is a compelling reason for retaining it.

  • Recovery of Pawned Property is a brochure to help guide you through steps of recovery of pawned items.

  • To have your employer, creditors or school informed that your cooperation with a criminal prosecution may cause absences or financial hardship.

  • To request restitution and to be notified if restitution is ordered by the Court.

  • To submit an oral or written Victim Impact Statement describing how the crime affected you and your family. The State Attorney shall assist in the preparation of such statement if requested.

  • To have any special needs accommodated as is practicable. (For instance: physical handicaps, parking or translator services)

  • To receive a Victim’s rights information card or brochure which explains your rights as a crime victim and services available to you.

  • To be notified if the offender escapes from a state correctional facility, county jail, juvenile detention facility, or involuntary commitment facility.

  • To have a Victim Advocate present during any depositions of the victim.

  • To request that the State Attorney permit the victim to review a copy of the presentence investigation report prior to the sentencing hearing if one was completed.

  • To request that the court shall clear the courtroom of all persons, with certain exceptions, during his or her testimony concerning sexual offense, regardless of the victims age or mental capacity.

  • To request an exemption prohibiting the disclosure of information to the public which reveals your identification, home and work phone numbers, home and work addresses, and personal assets not otherwise held confidential under the Public Records Law.

  • The right to know in certain cases and at the earliest possible opportunity, if the person charged with an offence has tested positive for hepatitis and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. In such cases, upon request of the victim or the victim’s legal guardian, or the parent or legal guardian of the victim if the victim is a minor, the court shall order such person to undergo hepatitis and HIV testing. In some cases you can be notified of the results of the test within two weeks of the court’s receipt of the results.

  • The right of a victim of a sexual offense to request the presence of a victim advocate during the forensic medical examination. An advocate from a certified rape crisis center shall be permitted to attend any forensic medical examination.

  • No law enforcement officer, prosecuting attorney or government official shall ask or require a victim of a sexual offense to submit to a polygraph examination or other truth-telling device as a condition of the investigation.

Care for Children

Unfortunately, there are no facilities to care for children at the courthouse. Since court proceedings may take some time, please try to find someone to care for your children while you attend court.


You may have received a subpoena from a Deputy Sheriff, requiring you to be present at a certain time and place. If you do not appear, the Court could charge you with contempt of court resulting in a fine or jail sentence. If you have a question regarding a subpoena contact the State Attorney’s Office as soon as possible with your concerns. When you appear at the direction of the subpoena, please make sure you take your subpoena with you. DO NOT disregard the subpoena.

Victim/Witness Harassment

Interference with a victim/witness by threats or acts of revenge is a serious crime in itself and a matter to which the local law enforcement agency, the State Attorney’s Office, and the Court will give particular attention and do their utmost to remedy. If you believe you or your family are being threatened or harassed in any way, immediately call local law enforcement and the State Attorney’s Office and make a full report of the events.

Injunction for Protection

Injunctions for protection or restraining orders are issued as a result of domestic, dating, repeat or sexual violence or stalking. Domestic violence is, generally, violence within the family. Dating violence is violence between individuals who have or have had a continuing and significant relationship of a romantic or intimate nature. Repeat violence means that the same person commits two incidents of violence, within the past six months. Sexual violence means any one incident of: sexual battery; a lewd or lascivious act committed upon or in the presence of a person younger than 16 years of age; luring or enticing a child; sexual performance by a child as described in chapter 827, Florida statutes; or any other forcible felony wherein a sexual act is committed or attempted. Stalking means the repeated following, harassment, or cyberstalking of one person by another. These are civil matters, but they may occur at the same time as criminal prosecution. You can call the Clerk of Court’s Office to see if it is possible to pursue an injunction.

No Contact

The Judge may order that the Defendant has no contact with the victim. This means no contact either directly or indirectly, through a third party, by physical contact, by phone, letter, mail, email or by driving by your home or place of employment.

Victim Compensation Program

If you were injured as a result of a crime, Crime Victim Compensation may be able to help with medical bills, lost wages, or other expenses, that were incurred because of the crime. Reimbursement for property loss is for elderly or disabled adults only. Each application is reviewed on an individual basis to determine eligibility. There is no guarantee that you will receive payment. Contact a Victim Advocate to discuss your particular case.


If you have suffered direct or indirect damages, the court may order restitution for certain losses. If you desire restitution, itemize and document your losses on the Victim Losses Checklist and provide it to the Assistant State Attorney as soon as possible. If you have questions about the form or what constitutes damages, call your Victim Advocate.
Your Assistant State Attorney will ask the Court to order restitution, if appropriate, but the Court must issue the order. Legally, The Defendant cannot be compelled to pay if he or she is financially unable. However, if he or she obtains employment while incarcerated, the Department of Corrections (DOC) has the authority to order restitution. You have the right as a victim of a crime to contact the DOC to determine the employment status of the inmate. If the Court does order restitution, a Probation Officer will be assigned to the case.
` The Probation Officer will set up a schedule for payments and upon receipt of payment will forward them to the Clerk of the Court. The Clerk will then distribute payments to victims within ninety (90) days of receipt. If you have questions about collection of restitution, call Probation and Parole Services at the number listed at the bottom of this page. Be sure to give the Defendant’s name and case number.

Victim Impact Statement

This is a statement made either verbally or in writing to the Court before sentence is imposed. In the statement, the victim may describe the effect the crime has had on him or her and his or her family and the emotional and financial losses that he or she may have suffered. If you have questions or need assistance in preparing a Victim Impact Statement, a Victim Advocate will be available to assist you.

The Criminal Appeals Process

A defendant has the right to appeal the conviction and sentence. An appeal is the method by which the defendant, now a convicted felon, can raise questions about the validity of the conviction and/or sentence. A defendant must file a notice of appeal within 30 days of the conviction and sentence. This notice is followed by a written document that explains the reasons why the conviction or sentence may be improper. The defendant or the defendant's attorney must cite some legal error or similar basis for the appeal, and may not simply re-argue the evidence in hopes of getting a different verdict. Only the transcript of the trial court proceedings and other official court records of the case can be used by the defendant as the basis for an appeal.
The written document filed by the defendant is called an initial brief. (In the language of the courts, the defendant filing the appeal is called the "appellant" and the State is called the "appellee.") A copy of the defendant's initial brief is filed with the Office of the Attorney General (OAG). The assistant attorney general reviews the arguments presented in the defendant's initial brief, reads the trial transcript and other records, then prepares an answer brief for the court explaining why the conviction and sentence are valid and should not be overturned.

Victim Notification of the Appellate Decision

After reviewing all the documents filed with the court and the discussion during oral arguments, the court issues a formal written opinion announcing its decision regarding the appeal. The opinion may be very short, known as a Per Curium Affirmed, which means the judges decided that there were no errors in the trial process and is considered a "win" for the State, or the opinion may be written and include the differing opinions of the judges assigned to the case and may refer to specific laws that were challenged. Regardless of the length of the opinion, the decision is legally binding.
The written opinion issued by the appeals court is sent to the trial court in the circuit where the case was originally heard. If the appeals court affirms the decision of the trial court, then no further action is needed by the trial court and the defendant's conviction and sentence stand.

  • If the appeals court reverses the trial court, the trial court must then comply with the higher court's order.

  • If the appellate court orders the trial court to retry the case, a new trial may be scheduled.

  • If the appeals court affirms the conviction but remands the case for re-sentencing due to an error regarding the sentence imposed by the trial court, it will direct the trial court to re-sentence the defendant. The case is then returned to the trial court where the original sentence was imposed for further court proceedings as ordered in the appellate court's opinion. If this occurs, the defendant's conviction remains intact; only the sentence is affected.

Note: In the event the defendant in this case appeals, notification to you can only occur if your contact information is correct. Please contact us at 352-375-3627 or by email at Amendolad@sao8.org if your phone number, mailing address, or email changes.

Back to Top

Your Duties as a Witness

You are a witness because you have seen, heard, or know something about a crime. If you are the victim of a violent crime or owner of property stolen, damaged or misused, the case may not be prosecuted unless you testify. You may not think that what you know about the case is significant, but it may be highly important. Many small pieces of information are often required to determine what happened.
To prevent delay and possible dismissal of a case, witnesses must be present when asked to appear. We must be able to contact you, so it is important that you keep our office informed of your present address, telephone numbers and plans you have for vacation. Please give your Victim Advocate this information as soon as possible.

Tips on being a Witness

  1. Dress neatly and conservatively for Court.

  2. Do not memorize your testimony, but try to review the facts before the trial.

  3. Relax, speak loudly and clearly, directing your answers to the jury.

  4. Be polite when answering questions. Do not lose your temper.

  5. Listen carefully to each question before answering.

  6. If you do not understand the question, say so.

  7. If you do not have an answer, say so. Do not guess.

  8. If your answer needs an explanation, say so and then explain.

  9. If you make a mistake in answering a question, say so and correct it.

  10. Give a well thought out answer.

  11. Give positive definite answers when possible, avoiding answers such as "I think," "I believe," or "I guess so."

  12. Do not volunteer information. Give short answers if that is what is called for: "yes" or "no," if that is what is appropriate.

  13. Do not chew gum on the witness stand.

  14. Be on your best behavior in and around the courtroom. When court is not in session, jurors may be in the corridors, elevators, etc.

  15. Do not discuss your testimony with other Witnesses.

  16. Do not make statements to the media prior to or during a trial without first checking with the Assistant State Attorney.

  17. Tell the truth.

Back to Top

Civil Rights Statement

In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Justice policy, this organization is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, call the Department of Legal Affairs, Federal Discrimination Complaint Coordinator, PL-01 The Capitol, Tallahassee, Florida, 32399, or call 850-414-3300, or write Office for Civil Rights, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, 810 7th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20531 or call 202-307-0690 (Voice) or 202-307-2027 (TDD/TYY). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may also contact OCR through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339 (TYY), 877-877-8982 (Speech), or 800-845-6136 (Spanish).

Back to Top

Language Access and Auxiliary Aids Plan

It is the policy of the Office of the State Attorney that Victim Services staff shall take reasonable steps to provide limited English proficient (LEP) persons with meaningful access to all services offered by Victim Services in the Office of the State Attorney. An individual with disabilities (hard of hearing, deaf or LEP) who needs an accommodation in order to participate in a scheduled SAO proceeding, for example a testimony or a State Attorney Investigation, (SAI), etc., is entitled, at no cost, for certain auxiliary plan assistance. Citizens with disabilities, deaf, hard of hearing, or LEP, who request services or accommodations, must meet SAO criteria in order to obtain services or accommodations from the SAO: the person is a primary victim, secondary victim, or witness in a pending criminal case within the jurisdiction of 8th Judicial Circuit.

Back to Top


Law Enforcement Offices


Alachua County Sheriff's Office (352) 367-4000
Alachua Police Department (352) 462-1396
Baker County Sheriff's Office (904) 259-2281
Bradford County Sheriff's Office (904) 966-6280
Cedar Key Police Department (352) 543-5180
Chiefland Police Department (352) 493-6777
Florida Highway Patrol (352) 955-2150
Gainesville Police Department (352) 334-2400
Gilchrist County Sheriff's Office (352) 463-3180
Hampton Police Department (352) 468-1692
High Springs Police Department (904) 454-1415
Inglis Police Department (352) 447-0303
Lawtey Police Department (904) 782-3751
Levy County Sheriff’s Office (352) 486-5111
Santa Fe Community College Police Department (352) 395-5519
Starke Police Department (904) 964-5400
Trenton Police Department (352) 463-1831
Union County Sheriff’s Office (904) 496-2501
University Police Department (352) 392-1111
Williston Police Department (352) 528-4991

State Attorney: Victim Witness Services


Baker (904) 259-3137
Bradford (904) 966-6234
Gilchrist (352) 463-3406
Levy (352) 486-5140
Union (904) 496-2832

Counseling Services


Crisis Center (24 hours) (352) 334-0888
UF Counseling Center (352) 392-1575

Legal Information


Restraining Order Assistance Program (ROAP) (352) 377-5690
UF Law Source Program (352) 273-0825

Three Rivers Legal Services


Alachua (352) 372-0519
Baker, Bradford, Levy, Gilchrist, & Union 1-800-372-0936

Social Services


Alachua County Social Services (352) 955-2471
Child Care Resources, Inc (352) 334-1550

Education/Job Opportunities


Adult Education—Loften Center (352) 955-6839
LES Jobs & Services of Gainesville (352) 955-2245
Manpower (temporary job service) (352) 376-5388
SFCC 1 Stop Career Center (352) 395-5126
Santa Fe Community College (352) 395-5000
University of Florida (352) 392-1261

Department of Corrections, Probation and Parole Service


Alachua County (352) 955-2055
Baker, Bradford, & Union County (904) 964-5151
Gilchrist & Levy County (352) 493-6760

Clerk of the Court, Domestic Relations


Alachua County: Gainesville (352) 374-3636
Baker County: Macclenny (904) 259-3121
Bradford County: Starke (904) 964-6280
Gilchrist County: Trenton (352) 463-3170
Levy County: Bronson (352) 486-5100
Union County: Lake Butler (904) 496-3711
Marion County: Ocala (352) 620-3952

Victim Advocacy


Alachua County Office of Victims Services (352) 264-6760 / 1-866-252-5439
Alachua County Sheriff’s Office Victim Services (352) 367-4155
Another Way, Inc 1-866-875-7983
Child Abuse Registry 1-800-342-9152
Florida Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-500-1119
Levy county Sheriff’s Office (352) 486-5111
National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233
Peaceful Paths (352) 377-8255
UF Victim Advocate (352) 392-5648
Crime Victim Compensation: Office of the Attorney General 1-800-226-6667
Child Advocacy Center (352) 376-9161

Health Departments


Alachua County (352) 955-2364
Baker County (904) 259-6291
Bradford County (904) 964-7732
Gilchrist County (352) 463-3120
Levy County (352) 486-5300
Union County (386) 496-3211

Mental Health


Alachua County (352) 374-5600
Baker County (904) 259-3627
Bradford County (904) 964-8382
Levy/Gilchrist County (352) 463-7303
Union County (904) 496-2347

Food Stamps


Alachua County (352) 955-5339
Baker County (904) 259-2206
Bradford County (904) 964-1500
Gilchrist County (352) 463-31027
Levy County (352) 493-6050
Union County (904) 496-2417

Emergency Shelter


Another Way, Inc 1-888-453-0747
Arbor House (Pregnant Women 18+) (352) 371-2229
Hubbard House 1-800-762-2873
Interface Youth Shelter (Youth 12-17, Runaways) (352) 334-3833
Pleasant Place (Housing for homeless, pregnant teens and their babies) (352) 373-6993
Salvation Army (352) 376-1743
Peaceful Paths (Domestic Violence) (352) 377-8255
St. Francis House (352) 378-9079

Emergency Service Provisions



Gainesville Community Ministry (352) 376-6504
High Springs Social Services (904) 454-1000
Salvation Army (352) 372-1743
Thrift Shop, Junior League (352) 372-1710

Financial Aid


Alachua County Social Services (352) 955-2471
American Red Cross (352) 376-4669
Catholic Charities Bureau (352) 372-0294
Community Action Agency (352) 373-7667
Dept./ Children and Families - Economic and Self-Sufficiency (352) 955-5339
Gainesville Community Ministry (352) 372-8162
Gainesville Right to Life (Women who are Pregnant or have dependent Children) (352) 378-7824
Salvation Army (352) 376-1743
Tri-County Outreach (352) 493-2310



Catholic Charities Bureau (352) 372-0294
Community Action Agency (352) 373-7667
Gainesville Community Ministry (352) 372-8162
High Springs Social Service Center (352) 454-1000
Salvation Army (352) 376-1743
St. Francis House (352) 378-9079
Tri-County Outreach (352) 493-2310



Christians Concerned for the Community (352) 371-1768
Salvation Army (352) 376-1743



Catholic Charities Bureau (352) 372-0294
Salvation Army (352) 376-1743



Alachua County Social Services-(Bus Token) (352) 955-2471
Catholic Charities-(Non-Local Gas Voucher) (352) 372-0294
Gainesville Community Ministry (Non-Local Gas Voucher) (352) 372-8162
Salvation Army (Gas Voucher, Occasional Bus Ticket) (352) 376-1743
Christians Concerned for the Community (Occasional Ride - Volunteer Driver) (352) 371-1768
Coordinated Transportation System (Mini-Bus/Medi-Van/For Elderly/Disabled/Indigent) (352) 334-1616
Regional Transit System (Bus System) (352) 334-2602

Back to Top